Sunday, August 12, 2012

Easy Baked Brie

Last weekend I went down to Lake of the Ozarks Missouri with all of the women on my mom's side of the family. I was put in charge of appetizers one day, and had to work with what was on hand in the cabin. Luckily, my family is generally pretty prepared food-wise, even when in an isolated area.



On the drive down from Kansas City, we stopped by a local gas station/food mart which had some amazing looking local peaches. There is nothing better than fresh, local produce! My mom had bought a wheel of brie and I found some blueberry preserves as well so I decided to make a peach and blueberry baked brie with some crostini.

Easy Baked Brie

Ingredients

1 small wheel of brie
about 3/4 Cup sliced peaches
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp blueberry preserves

crostini, or crackers

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Get a piece of foil large enough to easily wrap the brie wheel. Place the brie in the middle of the foil. Top the brie with the blueberry preserves, peaches and sprinkle with sugar.

Create a packet out of the foil, sealing, but not pressing the foil into the fruit. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 14 minutes. Let sit a few minutes in the foil.

Remove and carefully transfer to a plate. Serve with crostini or crackers.


A lot of people probably have eaten something similar to this wrapped in puff pastry. You can absolutely wrap this in pastry instead of foil, but I don't think that it adds much to the flavor or the presentation.... and it adds a bunch of calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment