Sunday, January 5, 2014

Baked Siracha Potato Wedges with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce

Have I mentioned how delicious and perfect potatoes are as a food? If not, they are just wonderful, versatile, delicious etc. etc.

I had a couple of baking potatoes left over after the Christmas holiday that needed to be used, and Nathan requested potato wedges. I had a little bit of crumbled blue cheese leftover from the holidays as well, so I decided to make the potato wedges spicy with a blue cheese sauce.


Siracha is one of my favorite condiments. I greatly prefer it to Tabasco sauce or buffalo sauce, so I tend to keep it on hand. If you don't have siracaha, you could replace it with buffalo sauce or another hot sauce of your preference. Or you omit the spice altogether if you wanted to make something more mild.

Baked Siracha Potato Wedges

Ingredients 

3 russett/baking poatoes
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp oregano
3 Tbsp siracha or other hot sauce
salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Thoroughly wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into 12 wedges. I did this by cutting the potato into quarters lengthwise and then each quarter into three semi-equal wedges.

Melt the butter and mix it with the siracha and oregano. If you like it spicier, you can always add more heat.

Place the butter mixture and the potato wedges into a large zip lock bag. Close and shake until all of the wedges are coated with the sauce. Spread the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. I actually needed to use two sheets to fit all of them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake in the oven about 9 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and bake another six or seven minutes until the exterior is crispy and the potatoes are cooked through.

Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions

MIx together all three ingredients in a microwave safe container. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the blue cheese has melted into the mayo and sour cream.


I served the fries with sauce and also some celery sticks to add in additional color to the plate and texture to the snack.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather! I made these today and they were delicious :) I didn't even know you kept up this blog. I love snacks.

    ReplyDelete