Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Orange Cranberry Vinaigrette Salad with Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries, and Toasted Pecans

I wish I had an awesome name for this salad. Maybe a Madras Vinaigrette since it has cranberry and orange juices? Suggestions welcome...

Anywho... this is a delightful vinaigrette that I made mostly from memory. It's a salad that my mom makes sometimes and while the vinaigrette is pretty awesome, the toppings of the goat cheese, pecans, and dried cranberries sort of make it for me. It's the combination of flavors that makes it truly delicious. The creamy tangy goat cheese, crunchy buttery pecans, and the tart and chewy dried cranberries topping the crisp romaine dressed in a sweet and tart vinaigrette is nothing short of perfection. It's light and summery for a barbecue, but also pairs well with most fall foods.

I'm basically in love with it.

Orange Cranberry Vinaigrette  

Ingredients

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup cranberry juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4-1/3 cup oil (vegetable or olive oil both work well)

Directions

Mix together all ingredients in a mason jar (or other sealable container) and shake well until emulsified. Adjust for taste as needed. This makes a LARGE amount of dressing and you could easily half or quarter it depending on how much you need.

Use your preferred greens (pictured using romaine) and top with some dried cranberries, some crumbled goat cheese, and some toasted nuts (I used pecans as they are my favorite). I usually serve this with the toppings on the side as some people don't like cheese or are allergic to nuts etc.

Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment