Thursday, July 5, 2012

Spaghetti Frittata

When I first found a recipe for spaghetti frittata, I thought "wow, that sounds strange". I thought there was a chance that it would taste too egg-y. I like eggs a lot, but sometimes I really dislike egg taste with other flavors. Eventually I decided that since I like Spaghetti alla Carbonara, that I would probably like the frittata as well.

It was delicious and SUPER easy, like wow I can't believe how easy that just was easy. I think you could put pretty much anything you have in the fridge into it which makes it a great meal for when there are things about to go bad sitting around. Plus, as long as you have eggs and spaghetti, you can pretty much throw it together. Nathan also pointed out that it would be great for leftover spaghetti.



I had part of a container of mushrooms and some leftover turkey pepperoni laying about, so that's what I flavored it with. I also made one with just pepperoni because sometimes Nathan doesn't like mushrooms. But really, anything that you would put on pasta, you could put into the frittata.

Spaghetti Fritatta with Mushrooms and Pepperoni

1lb of spaghetti uncooked
5 eggs
1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter cut in half
a handful of mushrooms cut up small (about half a cup chopped)
some turkey pepperoni
any other meats or veggies you want to add

Directions

Cook the spaghetti al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a bowl, beat together the four eggs, cheese, and salt and pepper.

If using additional veggies, sautee them in a little butter or olive oil. Cook any meats if raw (duh). Pretty much anything that should be cooked when you eat it should be cooked before it goes in the frittata (except the eggs).

Mix together the pasta and the egg mixture. Add in any additional toppings.

Melt 1/4 butter in a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add half of the pasta egg mixture. Cover and let sit about 4 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Slide out of the pan onto a plate. Melt another 1/4 Tbsp of butter in the pan and flip the frittata back into the pan so the top is facing downwards. Let cook another 2 minutes.

Repeat with remaining butter and pasta. Alternately, use a larger pan and make a larger frittata (I thought the flipping would be easier the smaller it was, so  I chose to make them smaller.

These were quick and easy. We had some leftovers that I microwaved for about 45 seconds per slice and served with a little marinara which was also super delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment