Sunday, February 26, 2012

Prosciutto Cups with Beet Goat Cheese

how pretty are these!?
For Valentines Day I made asparagus bundles wrapped with prosciutto and I had some leftover prosciutto. I didn't want to waste it (because it's fairly expensive and super delicious!) so I wanted to make a snack with the leftovers. I also had some goat cheese and a can of sliced beets from a salad that I never quite made. I combined them into a creamy, sweet, and salty bite size snack that were also really attractive.


You could season the goat cheese with other fresh herbs or you could be creative. I liked the beets because it turned the goat cheese bright pink! Pink is fun! Plus the sweetness of the beets pleasantly counters the salty prosciutto. I topped each cup with a little slice of beet. I intended to stick in a little bit of green but the mixed greens I had for the salad had not survived the week.

Prosciutto Cups with Beet Goat Cheese

Ingredients

6 slices of prosciutto sliced in half lengthwise
4 oz goat cheese
1/8 cup sliced beets
2 Tbsp half and half

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a mini-muffin tin, wrap each halved slice of prosciutto to line the inside of acup. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes. Drain on a few pieces of paper towel.

 Mix together goat cheese, beets, and half and half in a food processor. Blend until smooth. I used a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off to pipe the mixture into the cups. Top with a few pieces of green or with a little piece of beet.

I used my leftover goat cheese mixture on some crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment