Monday, September 19, 2011

Origin Story

Welcome to the first Sunday Snack Day blog post!

Here's how this blog came about. My husband is a huge Packers (football) fan. I am... not so much. At the start of the 2010-11 season he asked me if I could make nachos for a snack on Sunday. My tradition was to curl up with a laptop and headphones and watch trashy chick-flicks while he watched football. Nachos are also good as a movie snack so I thought what the hell?

After eating the small mountain of nachos with all the fixings that I prepared, we had basically been snacking all day and had no appetite for dinner. And thus Sunday Snack Day was born. It is a day where my husband and I eat "snack" or "appetizer" style foods and munch them all day in lieu of having any actual meals.

The purpose of this blog is to keep track of what I'm making, the recipes, and what I would change for future snack days. Some of the recipes come from the internet (I will link whenever possible) some come from books (which I will credit if possible) and some come from me. I'm not a professional chef or a professional photographer. I try to keep our snacks generally pretty easy, as mess free as possible, and semi-healthy (I am not always 100% successful at that part...).

No comments:

Post a Comment